You know it’s time to declutter when:
- You can’t find ANYTHING.
- You can see an item you need in your room but you can’t actually reach it because of the clutter mountain in front of you.
- You can’t open the door to your spare bedroom because your clutter mountain has fallen over.
- When people ask you what you’re doing at the weekend, you say your dusting your collection of mementoes.
- You find something, but have NO recollection of buying it or ever having seen it before.
- You find an item and remember you bought it five years ago to give as a Christmas present but forgot it was there and you now no longer know the person you bought it for.
- You’re too embarrassed to invite people around to your house.
- When guests do come round, you have to spend the whole day moving your clutter upstairs, when they’ve gone, you have to move it all down again as you can’t actually find your bed under the clutter.
- You get out the vacuum cleaner but you can’t actually see the carpet because of your clutter.
- You look at your belongings and feel overwhelmed.
- Every night you look up at the cracks on your living room ceiling and wonder if they are getting wider because of the weight of your clutter in the bedroom.
- You read about a man who was killed by his newspaper hoard falling on him and your first thought is….. ‘This could happen to me’.
Seriously – you NEED to declutter!